Leading Innovation and Change
ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management 4 days of live, virtual workshops across five dates. Learn the practical skills for leading innovation and change
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Virtual programme via Zoom over 5 dates
About The Event
The recent pandemic has meant that we have all needed to consider how our organisations and teams work to deliver services and products. There has never been a greater need for us to innovate and deliver efficient change and improvement. The ability of leaders and managers to consider innovative ways of improving services and lead people and teams successfully through change is a critical success factor. This practical, interactive programme will provide participants with tried and tested approaches, tools and techniques to lead innovation and change.
The programme meets the learning requirements of two ILM units which combine to enable learners to achieve a Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management. The ILM units are:
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Becoming an Effective Leader
To achieve the qualification participants are required to complete two written assignments, each of approximately 2,500 words.
For the ‘Leading Innovation and Change’ unit learners are required to identify, plan and manage implementation of an innovation or change project in their organisation and provide evidence of how they have used the practices and tools learned in the programme.
For ‘Becoming an Effective Leader’ learners are asked to reflect on their own capabilities to lead people and submit a written assignment that meets the assessment criteria for the unit.
Who is it suitable for?
This programme is suitable for those who lead a team and have responsibility for implementing innovation and improvement projects.
What will I learn?
By the end of this programme, you will have:
- Considered the importance of innovation and change to an organisation
- Learned approaches to lead and manage change within an organisation
- Been introduced to, and used, a range of practical tools to plan, implement and lead an innovation or change project in your organisation
- Considered the importance of effective leadership for change
- Become aware of, and put into practice, a repertoire of leadership styles appropriate for different situations to enable you to lead and motivate others effectively
- Considered the concept of emotional intelligence, reflected on your development needs and identified ways in which you can develop your skills
- Evaluated your ability to lead others and have created a personal development plan
What will the sessions cover?
Leading Innovation and Change - 2 days
- What is innovation and why is it important for organisations?
- The significance of creating a culture to support innovation and change
- The importance of managing innovation and change effectively
- Identifying and assessing opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Tools for involving others in developing innovative solutions
- The importance of identifying stakeholders and their needs relating to an innovation or improvement project (stakeholder mapping, stakeholder power, identifying appropriate communication approaches to meet specific stakeholder needs)
- The importance of communicating a vision in the change process to inspire and motivate stakeholders
- Approaches for leading people through change
- Techniques for critical decision-making
- Tools and techniques for planning and managing change projects
- Identification of individual innovation or improvement projects
Project and assignment support workshop - ½ day
In the supportive environment of the group, learners are asked to give a short presentation on the progress of their innovation or change project. This workshop provides a focus for group members to review progress of their projects to date, consider challenges and plan next steps. Participants support each other by giving constructive feedback. This ½ day workshop helps learners to prepare the evidence they need to submit for the assessment.
Becoming an Effective Leader - 1 day
- Explore the qualities and behaviours of effective leaders
- Consider the key responsibilities of the leadership role
- The importance of being able to use a repertoire of leadership styles in different situations
- The critical importance of the leader inspiring, motivating and gaining the commitment of others
- Motivational factors in the workplace
- Understand theories of emotional intelligence and the impact of emotions on self and others
- The importance setting strategic direction for your organisation or team
- The benefits and principles of delegating responsibility and empowering others
- Creating a personal development plan to improve your leadership skills
Assignment support workshop - ½ day
In the supportive environment of the group, learners are asked to give a short presentation on the progress of their assignment for Becoming an Effective Leader. This workshop provides a focus for group members to discuss how they are approaching the assignment. Participants support each other by giving constructive feedback.
Dates and time tbd
This is a live, virtual programme that will take place via Zoom. It is open to participants from any organisation. You will be sent your Zoom invitation in the week before the start of the programme.
Your investment for this programme is £2,500 + VAT.
We also offer this programme as an in-company programme. If you would like us to run this specifically for a group of people in your organisation, please contact email@example.com
Leading Innovation and Change£2,500.00Tax: +£500.00 VAT